CAS No.: Mixture
Collageneer® is an anti-aging and firming ingredient that stimulates the synthesis of a high-quality collagen to increase elasticity and firmness in the skin, helping to remodel the facial contour.
Collageneer® is made from lupeol, which is extracted from the coatings of sweet white lupin seeds in a patented process. Once extracted, the lupeol is solubilized in oleic sunflower oil and then semi-refined and stabilized by adding natural ±-tocopherol. Sourced from lupine plants cultivated using sustainable agricultural practices in France.
Collageneer® works by stimulating the production of HSP47 in the skin. HSP47 is a collagen-specific I molecular chaperone which helps the synthesis of good quality procollagen I.
- Increases skin firmness and elasticity
- Remodels the facial profile
- Anti-aging skin care products
- Remodeling skin care products
- Firming skin care products
- Eye contour treatments
In vitro tests:
In a 72-hour treatment, Lupeol increased production and secretion of type I collagen by 46%.
In a 48-hour treatment, Lupeol induces overproduction of HSP47, a type I molecular chaperone, at a rate of +21%.
In vivo tests:
25 volunteers aged 45 to 65 years tested a cream with 2% Collageneer® for 89 days.
- Skin elasticity test via cutometer showed increases in the Ur/Ue and Ur/Uf parameters of 11.2% and 10.6 percent, respectively, at T89.
- Facial contour was remodeled, showing a significant reduction of facial oval sag volume at T42 and T89.
- In self-assessments, 92% of the volunteers noticed improved firmness of the skin and 72% noticed reduced sagging of the facial contour.
- Optimal temperature to add to a formulation is 104°F (40°C) or below. May be added at up to 167°F (75°C) just before blending, over a short period of time
- Soluble in lipids.
- When used in an emulsion, pH of final formulation should be close to 6.5.
INCI: Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil and Lupinus Albus Seed Extract, Tocopherol
Shipping Info: HS# 1515909900
Collageneer® is a registered trademark of Laboratoires Expanscience, the manufacturer.
Do not directly apply onto your skin. This product should be added to a formulation at the recommended usage rate.
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat and cure, or prevent disease. Always consult with your professional skin care provider.
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Recommended Usage Rate: 0.5 - 2%
Appearance: Oily yellow to orange-brown liquid, may be clear or hazy, with characteristic odor
pH of ingredient: Not applicable; non-aqueous product
To protect the product from oxidation, Lotioncrafter blankets our bottles with Argon gas prior to sealing them. Argon is an inert, heavy gas that sits on top of the oil; top off larger bottles (60ml and over) with Ox-Blox or other inert gas after opening.
Try Out These Formulations Using This Ingredient: