Exposure to environmental insults, as well as the natural process of aging, contributes to the generation of multiple reactive species. These free radicals cause cellular damage by direct reaction with DNA, proteins and lipids. DNA damage contributes greatly to these age-associated skin changes and DNA lesions caused by UV radiation trigger photoaging of human skin.
Lipotec has introduced a new cosmetic active aimed at preventing this damage. Preventhelia® Solution is a molecular ingredient designed to neutralize the harmful effects of free radicals, thus producing a preventative effect against premature aging. As a photoprotectant active incorporated into formulations for daily use, Preventhelia® Solution is able to reverse and prevent the damage caused directly or indirectly by UV irradiation to DNA and proteins.
- Ability to inhibit the formation of carbonyl proteins as a result of oxidative stress by scavenging RCS.
- Has a significant photoprotective effect on human epidermal keratinocytes and human dermal fibroblasts.
- Protects skin cells from UVA-induced DNA damage.
- Able to promote DNA repair system capacity.
- Results in overall complete skin protection to minimize the effects of intrinsic and extrinsic aging.
Active Ingredient Content: Diaminopropionoyl Tripeptide-33 - 0.05%
INCI: Water (and) Caprylyl Glycol (and) Diaminopropionoyl Tripeptide-33
Do not directly apply onto your skin. This product should be added to a formulation at the recommended usage rate.
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat and cure or prevent disease. Always consult with your professional skin care provider.
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
To request technical documentation, please contact Lotioncrafter at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Incorporation: Preventhelia Solution can be incorporated at the beginning of the manufacturing process, provided that the temperature is below 40°C (104°F) or it should be added at the end of the emulsion, at cool down, at a temperature no higher than 104°F (40°C).
- Incompatibilities: Aldehydes and other electrophils (like formol donors), oxidizing agents
- pH: Stable at acidic pH. The pH of the final cosmetic formulation should range from 2.0 to 6.5.
Recommended Usage Rate: 2-5%
Appearance: Translucent, colorless solution
Solubility: Soluble in water (100%), glycerin (100%) and butylene glycol (50%)
Raw Material Preserved With: Caprylyl Glycol
Country of Origin: Spain
Long Term Storage: Cool, clean and dark place. If kept in these conditions shelf life is at least 12 months.