CAS No. 9004-64-2
Hydroxypropylcellulose (HPC) is a nonionic, water-soluble cellulose ether with a versatile combination of properties in personal care applications. It combines solubility in aqueous and polar organic solvents, thermoplasticity, and surface activity with the thickening and stabilizing properties of other water-soluble cellulose polymers.
One of the problems normally associated with this and other water-soluble thickeners is the tendency of the particles to agglomerate or lump when first wetted with water. The high-purity cosmetic grade of Hydroxyethylcellulose we offer is an R-grade, designed to be added to water without lumping, and thus greatly facilitating solution preparation. It is also the most efficient grade of non-ionic thickener available from the manufacturer.
HPC is great for hand sanitizers, hair styling products, body care, facial care, color cosmetics, and after sun care
- Thickens anhydrous systems (all grades thicken propylene glycol and ethanol)
- Thickens 100% ethanol solutions
- Soluble in a broad range of solvents
- Natural feeling film formation
- Ability to create clear formulations, gives solution clarity
- Produces a flexible, non-tacky film
- Brings a luxurious smooth and silky skin feel
- Nonionic for broad ingredient compatibility
- Derived from cellulose
- Requires no neutralization for manufacturing ease
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Product: Klucel H CS
Appearance: Off-white granular powder
Solubility: no data
Viscosity (1% solution in water): 1,500 - 3,000 cps
pH: 5.0 - 8.5
Country of Origin: USA
Shelf Life: 1-3 years, retest viscosity after 1 year