Lipomoist™ 2036 molecular film
Lipomoist™ 2036 consists of a combination of polysaccharides and vegetable derived peptides chosen for their ability to form a molecular or monolayer film on the skin to reduce transepidermal water loss, increase collagen IV production, increase cellular protein production, and improve delivery of active ingredients to the stratum corneum. Lipomoist™ 2036 promotes healthy skin by maintaining the organization of lipids, an essential component of its barrier mechanisms.
The three amino acids found in Lipomoist™ 2036 - arginine, serine, and proline - have important roles in wound healing and collagen production, which can improve skin’s firmness. Collagen type IV provides support for other cells, like glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) and proteins, in the basement membrane found between the epidermis and dermis, creating a stable and firmer structure. Our skin’s natural moisturizing factor contains about 40% amino acids, which help to maintain skin’s hydration and barrier function.
Lipomoist™ 2036 molecular film also contains glucose, hydrolyzed wheat and soy proteins, hydrophilic compounds that have a tensing effect on the skin. Lipomoist™ 2036 has been specifically formulated to offer firming and lifting properties in cosmetic formulations. Hydrolyzed vegetable proteins also help keep skin hydrated by film forming to reduce transepidermal water loss.
Products that contain Lipomoist™ 2036 will spread more easily and absorb faster while film forming and hydrating. It’s a great inclusion in firming and moisturizing products for dry or aging skin types.
- Enhances moisturization of the skin
- Reduces Trans Epidermal Water Loss (TEWL)
- Provides an occlusive layer on the skin
- Promotes improved penetration of cosmetic actives
- May enhance elasticity and compactness of the skin
- May provide a firming, push-up effect in formulations
- Hydrating gels, creams and lotions for facial and body care
- Anti-aging formulations containing cosmetic active ingredients
- Nourishing formulations for dry skin
- Formulations for firming and remodeling the skin
INCI: Water (Aqua), Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Pectin, Arginine, Proline, Serine, Butylene Glycol, Glucose, Carrageenan, Tocopherol, Ethylhexylglycerin
Important Note: Lipomoist™ is a trademark of Lipotec and it cannot be referenced in your marketing literature without a signed Trademark Agreement with Lipotec.
This product should be added to a formulation at the recommended usage rate.
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat and cure or prevent disease. Always consult with your professional skin care provider.
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
To request technical documentation, please contact Lotioncrafter at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In order not to disturb the structure and conformation of the peptides and polysaccharides, it is recommended to incorporate Lipomoist™ 2036 in emulsions or gels at temperatures not exceeding 40°C (104°F).
- Recommended pH range between 4.0 and 7.0 in final formulation.
Recommended Usage Rate: 5-10%
Appearance: Opaque gel
Color: Off white to yellow
Viscosity: 2000 - 8000 cPs (4/20)
Solubility: Water soluble
pH as supplied: 6.0 - 7.5
Preserved with: Phenoxyethanol
Storage: Store in a cool, dry and dark place.
Country of Origin: Spain
Shelf life: 12 months from date of purchase, properly stored in sealed vessel