Miracare Soft 313
**THESE ARE A CLOSEOUT ITEM AND WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE AS SUPPLIES LAST**
CAS # 7732-18-5, 68139-30-0, 90387-74-9, 68608-66-2, 143-07-7Miracare Soft 313 is a surfactant blend of disodium lauroamphoacetate (zwitteronic surfactant), sodium cocoyl glycinate (anionic surfactant), cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine (zwitteronic), and lauric acid (thickener) that can be used neat or diluted for facial and body cleansers as well as shampoo.
Sodium cocoyl glycinate is a natural, coconut and amino acid derived surfactant noted for its very dense, creamy lather and delicate de-greasing action. It has excellent rinse-ability, which means it won’t leave behind that tightened feeling after washing, and can be used as the primary or secondary surfactant in any personal cleansing product.
Cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine produces a rich, creamy, flash foam with good water solubility with minimal influence from hard water. It has excellent conditioning and anti-static properties at acidic pH levels.
The zwitteronic surfactants are milder than the negatively charged ones. When combined with sodium cocoyl glycinate, they act as good flash foam producers, boosters, and stabilizers, while mitigating irritation to eyes and skin.
Both disodium lauroamphoacetate and cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine have positive charges when the pH is below 7, acting as skin and hair conditioners while mitigating irritation to eyes and skin. Both produce good flash foam and act as foam boosters and stabilizers in this surfactant blend.
These three surfactants are combined with lauric acid as a thickener and emollient to create a surfactant blend that is incredibly mild to skin to create very gentle cleansers and shampoos. As it has a high pH, this must be altered to around pH 6.3 for best results.
This surfactant blend is stable to positively charged polymers, like honeyquat, which can increase conditioning of the product. It can solubilize 5% oils, making it ideal for moisturizing body and face cleansers.
- Can be diluted and used out of the bottle to create very gentle and mild cleansers
- Used as a primary surfactant for very gentle cleansers
- Used as as secondary surfactant to increase mildness of surfactants or boost and stabilize foam
- Used as a viscosity enhancer with SLS, SCS, and SLeS, for example
- Acts as a skin and hair conditioner in acidic products
- Preservative free and self-preserving in the bottle due to the high pH
- Facial cleansing products, including lash washes, facial washes, and exfoliating cleansers
- Body care products, such as hand or body washes
- Shampoo for very dry to normal hair types or sensitive scalps that require gentle to mild cleansers
INCI: Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultane, Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate, Sodium Lauroaphoacetate, Lauric Acid.
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product contains 2,2-dichloro-acetic acid, which is known to the state of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- Usage rate is 20% to 100% as supplied.
- Ensure the final pH of the formulation is around 6.3
Typical Usage Rate: Up to 30%
Appearance: Clear, flowable liquid
Active Surfactant: 33.5 - 35.5% by weight
Sodium Chloride Content: 4.5 - 5.5%
Appearance: Clear, light yellow liquid
pH of 10% solution: 9.5 to 10.4.5
Specific Gravity: 1.04
Country of Origin: USA
Shelf Life: 18 Months after opening
Try these formulations using this ingredient: