Plum Oil, 37lb Bulk
CAS No: 90082-87-4
This bulk package pricing is in lieu of Customer Rewards Points accrual or other discounts. At times this item may be a Special Order with a lead time of 4-5 weeks depending on availability. Please contact us to inquire, if you need immediate shipment.
Plum Oil also known as Plum Seed Oil or Plum Kernel Oil is a cold pressed, virgin oil extracted from the seeds or kernels of French Ente plums. It is a rich oil that offers a non-greasy and silky skin feel that moisturizes skin and adds shine to hair when used at 1% to 10%. It spreads easily without tackiness, and is absorbed quickly by skin in anhydrous and emulsified products.
Plum Oil is an oil soluble ingredient that can be used in any anhydrous product or in the oil phase of an emulsified product. It has a wonderful natural aroma with notes of almonds and fruit, which may appear in the final product depending upon concentration level. It is a biodegradable, non-GMO product.
Plum Oil has a shelf life of 1 year. It is stored and shipped from Lotioncrafter under an inert argon gas. Once opened, Plum Oil should be kept under refrigeration for long term storage.
Plum Oil Profile:
- 4% to 9% palmitic fatty acid
- 70% oleic fatty acid (Omega 9)
- 20% linoleic fatty acid (Omega 6)
- 20 to 125 ppm beta-sitosterols (phytosterols)
- 600 ppm tocopherols
- 188 ppm beta-carotene
- 0.5% unsaponifiables
- 250 to 800 ppm squalene
- Rich yet fast absorbing oil
- High in polyunsaturated fatty acids, specifically oleic acid
- High in anti-oxidants (tocopherols)
- Natural fragrance of almonds
- Biodegradable ingredient
- Skin: Good for cosmetic products as an emollient to moisturize and condition skin in emulsified and anhydrous products. Reduces transepidermal water loss in all skin types.
- Body or facial oils: Good as an emollient to moisturize and condition skin while imparting a natural fragrance.
- Nail products: Used in emulsified or anhydrous products to offer moisturizing to brittle nails.
- Hair care products: Offers shine and smoothing properties to hair care products for all hair types, especially dry, brittle hair.
- Lips: Ingredient for lip balms, lipsticks and other lip care products to restore suppleness and volume while imparting a fruity, almond flavor.
- Massage: As part of a massage oil blend, it offers a dry, silky skin feel with a natural fragrance.
Plum oil is an oil soluble emollient used in the oil phase of emulsified products or in anhydrous products. The color of Plum Oil can be a rich yellow due to high amounts of beta carotene, and may have an effect on the appearance of the final product, lending a creamy yellow appearance depending on usage rate.
Typical Usage rate: 1 to 10%, up to 100%
Appearance: Straw yellow to orange yellow oil, could present a light cloud or sediment
Aroma: Marzipan / Almond
Extraction method: Cold pressed, filter, otherwise unrefined
Solubility: Soluble in oils, insoluble in water
Tocopherols Content: Greater than 600 mg/Kg
Required HLB: 7
Country of origin: France
Shelf life: 6 months if kept in a cool, dark place or refrigerator (after opening)
INCI: Prunus Domestica (Plum) Seed Extract OR Prunus Domestica (Plum) Seed Oil*
* Both INCI are in use.
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.