Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, 5kg
CAS No. 1445760-15-5; 183476-82-6
This bulk package pricing is in lieu of Customer Rewards Points accrual or other discounts. At times this item may be a Special Order with a lead time of 2 weeks depending on availability. Please contact us to inquire, if you need immediate shipment. Due to export requirements, this 5kg size is not available for export shipment.
Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate is a very stable, oil-soluble Vitamin C ester which has anti-oxidant activity, inhibiting lipid peroxidation. Topical use can mitigate the damaging effects of UV exposure. Studies have shown it to stimulate collagen production as well as clarifying and brightening the skin by inhibiting melanogenesis (the production of pigment) thereby promoting a more even skin tone. Unlike ascorbic acid, it will not exfoliate or irritate skin.
- At 0.1% reduces melanin synthesis by 80%
- At 10% eliminated age spots in 16 weeks
- At 3% in vivo reduces Delta-L value by 15% vs. placebo (22 people), a way to measure whitening effect
- At 0.1% in vitro increases collagen by 50%
- Tested at 10% in vivo to treat acne with 80% of patients (12 people) satisfied with results
- Increases collagen synthesis at least twice as much as ascorbic acid
- Inhibits MMP-2 and MMP-9 over e time better than ascorbic acid
- decreased 80-OHdG induced by UV-A
- decreased p53 expression induced by UV-B
- Protects the cells against UV-B better than other esters of Vitamin C
- Works synergistically with Thiotaine as both penetrate the cells for anti-oxidant activity
INCI: Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate
Caution: Do not directly apply onto your skin.
This product should be added to a formulation at the recommended usage rate.
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat and cure or prevent disease. Always consult with your professional skin care provider.
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- Should be added into the oil phase of formulations at temperatures below 80°C (176°F)
- Can be used in formulas with a pH range of 3 to 6.
- Approved as a quasi-drug in Korea at 2%, and in Japan at 3%
- Approved as a functional ingredient for whitening at 2% in Korea
Typical Usage: 0.5-3%, can be used up to 10%
Appearance: Clear to pale yellow viscous liquid
Solubility: Oil Soluble
Try out these formulations using this ingredient: