CAS No. 1445760-15-5; 183476-82-6
Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate is a very stable, oil-soluble Vitamin C ester which has anti-oxidant activity, inhibiting lipid peroxidation. Topical use can mitigate the damaging effects of UV exposure. Studies have shown it to stimulate collagen production as well as clarifying and brightening the skin by inhibiting melanogenesis (the production of pigment) thereby promoting a more even skin tone. Unlike ascorbic acid, it will not exfoliate or irritate skin.
- At 0.1% reduces melanin synthesis by 80%
- At 10% eliminated age spots in 16 weeks
- At 3% in vivo reduces Delta-L value by 15% vs. placebo (22 people), a way to measure whitening effect
- Increases collagen synthesis at least twice as much as ascorbic acid
- Protects the cells against UV-B better than other esters of Vitamin C
INCI: Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate
Caution: Do not directly apply onto your skin.
This product should be added to a formulation at the recommended usage rate.
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat and cure or prevent disease. Always consult with your professional skin care provider.
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate Spec Sheet
Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate Fact Sheet
- Should be added into the oil phase of formulations at temperatures below 80°C (176°F)
- Can be used in formulas with a pH range of 3 to 6.
- Approved as a quasi-drug in Korea at 2%, and in Japan at 3%
- Approved as a functional ingredient for whitening at 2% in Korea
Typical Usage: 0.5-3%, can be used up to 10%
Appearance: Clear to pale yellow viscous liquid
Solubility: Oil Soluble
Try out these formulations using this ingredient:
CoQ10 Moisturizer with Polypeptide Complex Kit