As we age, the amount of collagen in our skin decreases and enzymes like matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) increase, leading to signs of aging such as roughness or reduction of firmness. Actifcol™ behaves as a strong anti-oxidant that reduces the damage by reactive oxygen species (ROS) as well as lipid peroxidation. It assists with type I collagen synthesis and boosts PLOD1 levels, which contributes to protein quality, while reducing carbamylation, the degradation of protein, which “may be considered a hallmark of aging”. It also reduces degradation of collagen by MMPs and glycation, the bonding of sugar molecules to protein.
One study with nineteen female volunteers aged 41 to 55 over 56 days reported a cream with 2% Actifcol™ applied twice daily reported visible reduction of neck folds and improvement of firmness, along with a smoother appearance of the décolleté, face, and neck, and a reduction in the appearance of roughness. It was also noted there was an improvement in skin recovery after distension, a quality associated with younger skin meaning the skin bounces back quickly.
- In vitro studies showed synthesis of type I collagen increased by 36.5% with 1% Actifcol™
- An increase of 21.9% PLOD1 with 3% Actifcol™
- 2% Actifcol™ reduced carbamylation by 75.9%, which could result in less deterioration and improved organization of collagen.
- Promotes firmer appearance of face, neck, and décolleté
- Boosts the synthesis of collagen
- Reduces the deterioration of collagen
- Improves the quality of collagen
- Prevents the degradation of matrix proteins, like collagen and elastin
- Behaves as an anti-oxidant
- Oil in water lotions or other emulsions for use on the face, neck, and décolleté area
- Anti-aging and products for menopausal skin, such as serum or spot treatments
INCI: Water, Glycerin, Sodium Citrate, Lentinus Edodes Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Phytic Acid
To request technical documentation, please contact Lotioncrafter at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add to the product at under 40°C (104°F)
- Incompatible with electrolytes (equal to or less than 2%), surfactants such as sodium lauryl sulfate (equal to or less than 30%), and electrophiles
- Recommended final pH of 5.0 to 7.0
Recommended Usage Rate: 2% to 10%
Appearance: Light to medium amber liquid
Solubility: Soluble in water, propanediol, and glycerin. Insoluble in oils, esters, and silicones.
pH as supplied: 4.0 to 6.0
Specific gravity: 1.00 to 1.10
Country of Origin: USA
Raw Material Preserved with: Potassium Sorbate and Sodium Benzoate, Phytic Acid
Storage: Store at room temperature
Shelf Life: 15 Months from date of purchase