Kukui Nut Oil, Refined
Kukui Nut Oil a light, clear yellow oil produced from the Candlenut or Kukui nut. It is considered a non-greasy oil with little to no odor.
Kukui Nut Oil contains 32% to 42% linoleic fatty acid and 20% to 30% linolenic fatty acid, both of which are excellent for repairing skin's barrier mechanisms and decreasing transepidermal water loss. It contains 20% to 30% oleic acid, which offers moisturizing and softening properties to our skin as well as a reduction in dry skin and scaling. Kukui Nut Oil is an excellent inclusion in facial products and lotions as it offers moisturizing and softening with a silky, non-greasy feeling.
Refined to reduce color and odor, Kukui Nut Oil is a non-greasy oil with little to no odor and a slightly nutty flavor, were one to taste it. Kukui Nut Oil is an excellent inclusion in facial products and lotions as it offers moisturizing and softening with a silky, non-greasy feeling.
- Skin: Moisturizing dry skin, reducing trans-epidermal water loss, maintaining hydration, creating occlusion. Used to create a dry, silky skin feel in lotions and anhydrous products, like whipped butters.
- Hair: Emollient oil suitable for all hair types to reduce water absorption and increase moisturization.
- Lips: Ingredient for lip balms, lipsticks and other lip care products. Kukui Nut Oil has a slightly nutty, pleasant taste.
- Emulsified products: Offers a less greasy, silky skin feel in lotions.
- Anhydrous products: Suitable for all anhydrous products, including scrubs, lotion bars, facial sera, massage oils, and body oils.
Our Kukui Nut Oil is packed under a layer of inert argon gas to protect it from oxidation until you open and use it. Once opened, refrigerate it for long term storage or top it with our Ox-Blox gas after every use.
INCI: Aleurites Moluccanus (Kukui) Seed Oil
This oil is sold by weight, not volume. 15 ounces, by weight, is equivalent to more than 16 fluid ounces.
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Typical Usage rate: 1 to 100%, typically 5% to 15%
Appearance: Light yellow, clear liquid
Extraction method: Cold pressed, refined
Solubility: Soluble in oils, insoluble in water
Required HLB: 7
Country of origin: Malaysia
Shelf life: 18 months if stored in a sealed container protected from heat.