Bakuchi Oil, Cold Pressed
3/24/23 - We have switched manufacturers of Bakuchi Oil. The new oil has a much higher bakuchiol content. Please review the specifications sheet under the Tech Data tab for more information.
Bakuchi oil is cold pressed extracted from the seeds of the Psoralea corylifolia plant, commonly known as Babchi, an Ayurvedic plant whose seeds and fruit have a long history of use in India. Our Bakuchi oil has a Bakuchiol content of 9 - 10%. The oil is sweet & nutty in aroma and full of essential fatty acids to aid in either hair care application & anti-aging skin care products.
Bakuchi oil is commonly used for external application on skin discoloration and rashes, psoriasis, eczema, and vitiligo patches. In hair, bakuchi oil helps fight dandruff and reduce hair fall.
Bakuchiol is a meroterpene is the first natural alternative to retinol without having any of the negatives associated with retinol. Bakuchiol modulates retinoid-binding and metabolizing genes. It significantly improves multiple dermal and dermo-epidermal junction genes/proteins. Bakuchiol stimulates Collagen I, III and IV and is clinically proven to reduce multiple signs of aging, including roughness and dryness, fine lines and wrinkles and improvement in skin tone, elasticity and firmness, increasing radiance and brightness.
- Anti-aging skin care products
- Hair care
INCI: Psoralea Corylifolia Seed Oil
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat and cure, or prevent disease. Always consult with your professional skin care provider.
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- Add directly to the oil phase. Avoid prolonged heating of the oil phase above 75°C (167°F).
- Bakuchiol is a phenolic compound. Therefore, presence of iron or copper ions must be avoided to eliminate coloration due to the interaction with these metal ions. Addition of a small amount of chelating agent (0.1% disodium EDTA or Sodium Phytate or others) resolves this problem.
- The finished product, if it is not anhydrous, must be acidic, preferably having pH below 6.5.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight or heat.
- Opaque and airless packaging is highly recommended for maintaining product integrity and stability over time.
Appearance: Dark amber to reddish brown colored liquid, may sediment on standing
Odor: Sweet and nutty aroma
Solubility: Soluble in oil
Bakuchiol Content: 9-10%
Storage: Sealed container away from sunlight. Store at room temperature 66° - 77°F (20° - 25°C).