Cellynkage™ marine ingredient is an exopolysaccharide (polymer of high molecular weight) sourced from Halomonas eurihalina, a microorganism found in a salt marsh in Spain, that helps rejuvenate mature skin by enhancing the direct communication among keratinocytes, and between keratinocytes and fibroblasts, and the signalling exchange between dermal and epidermal cells.
Keratinocytes or skin cells communicate through gap junctions, which connect two cells to allow molecules like ions and small molecules to pass between them. These gap junctions are composed of two hemichannels, or connexons, which are composed of six connexin (Cx) molecules. Gap junction intercellular communication (GJIC) is essential for differentiation, cell growth, and homeostasis. A reduction in these connexins, due in part to a reduction in hormones like estrogen, leads to decreased skin homeostasis, resulting in the changes seen at menopause. The skin’s ability to function properly decreases as the cells become less connected.
- Rejuvenates mature skin Increase in skin’s smoothness
- Increase in collagen density and improvement in the extracellular matrix
- Increase in epidermal thickness, resulting in the decrease in appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Increase in skin’s organization, leading to a more uniform complexion
- Cosmetic products for menopausal skin, including
- anti-aging lotions
- facial sera
- eye creams
- body care products
INCI: Propanediol, Water, Saccharide Isomerate
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat and cure or prevent disease. Always consult with your professional skin care provider.
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
To request technical documentation, please contact Lotioncrafter at email@example.com
- Cellynkage™ marine ingredient can be added to the aqueous phase of product or emulsions at 40°C (104°F) or lower.
- Recommended pH range for formulations should be between 5.0 and 8.5
Recommended Usage Rate: 2%
Appearance: Colorless to light yellow translucent solution
Solubility: Water Soluble
Specific Gravity: 0.98 - 1.08
Raw Material Preserved with: No preservatives; high propanediol content
Country of Origin: Spain
Storage: Clean, cool and dark place.
Shelf Life: If stored as recommended, 18 months