CAS No.: Mixture
Citrustem™ anti-aging skin care ingredient from Provital SA of Spain, is made from orange stem cells and works by organizing the inner structure of the skin for a younger appearance. In facial formulations, it organizes and redensifies the dermis structure, repairs the extracellular matrix, and improves cellular adhesion. The result is skin that recovers the elasticity it had 12 years ago, with a softer and more velvety complexion, plus a younger appearance.
Stem cells are undifferentiated cells found in all multi-cellular organisms. In plants, stem cells are capable of regenerating the entire plant. The stem cells used in Citrustem™ are sourced from renewable plant material in a sustainable and ecological process, without genetic modifications or solvents.
In Vitro Test
- Increased the expression level of genes that are able to improve the extracellular matrix structure, including genes for collagen type VI, alpha 1; Elastin; and metallopeptidase ADAMTS2.
- Stimulated the proliferation of fibroblasts to increase the synthesis of collagen.
- Increased the production of keratinocyte transglutaminase, which leads to better organization and assembly of epidermal structures.
In Vivo Test on 20 women, aged 41-55 years, 3% Citrustem, used twice per day for 56 days
- Improved the sharpness of microrelief in the skin by 10.4% compared to placebo.
- Microrelief improvement is the visible result of a well organized and structured dermis.
- Improved the cohesion of the stratum corneum by 11.6% compared to placebo.
- This leads to smoother skin with a silky aspect and fewer scales.
- Skin elasticity increased by 10.06% compared to placebo, equivalent to reversal of 12 years of aging damage.
- Increased the biomechanical elastic recovery of the skin by 11.33% compared to placebo.
- Increased visible skin radiance by 8.5% compared to placebo.
- Increased skin firmness by 6.525% compared to placebo.
- Diminished wrinkles by 6.72% compared to placebo.
- Renews skin appearance. Fewer wrinkles and improved overall appearance
- The skin recovers the elastic properties it had 12 years ago
- Skin is smoother and more silky
Citrustem™ can be incorporated in many anti-aging formulations and products including:
- Facial anti-aging cosmetics
- Cosmetic products for skin rejuvenation
- Anti-aging preventative cosmetics
- Cellular regenerators
- Intensive facial treatments
- Treatment make-up
INCI: Water, Glycerin, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Callus Culture Extract, Xanthan Gum
Shipping Info: HS# 1302199000
Caution: Do not directly apply onto your skin. This product should be added to a formulation at the recommended usage rate.
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat and cure or prevent disease. Always consult with your professional skin care provider.
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- Add to the water phase of cold process formulations.
- Add in the final phase of hot process formulations at a temperature of 45°C (110°F) or below.
- Stable between a pH of 3.0 - 8.0.
Recommended usage rate: 2 - 4%
Appearance: Viscous liquid, white to pale yellow in color
Glycerin Source: Brassica campestris - PALM FREE
Preserved with: Sodium Benzoate
Country of Origin: Spain
Storage: Store in a clean, cool and dark place
Shelf Life: 1 Year