Combining Emollients to Win Friends and Influence People, Part 1 e-Zine
e-Zine - Digital Download
Adventures in Cosmetic Chemistry, vol 3, 2023
by Susan Barclay Nichols
e-Zine (PDF, 3.5 MB)
25+ formulas and modifications to emulsions and anhydrous whipped body butters!
Join me for this new e-book, Combining emollients to win friends and influence people, part one, an expanded version of the combining emollients series from the site, updated for 2023!
We’re taking a look at how the sensory and physical characteristics of emollients affect the products we make, from emulsions to anhydrous products. We’ll learn all about liquid oils, solid oils, butters, esters, triglycerides, emulsifiers, and so much more, and how their properties alter the skin feel, viscosity, slip, glide, drag, cushion, lubricity, melting point, and all those other things that make our products feel great!
There’s so much more information than you can imagine in this e-book – with a brand new, never before seen sections on triglycerides and creating anhydrous whipped butters – and it includes all these reference and comparison charts!
- So many sensory characteristic and physical characteristic comparison charts for liquid emollients, solid oils and butters, solid esters, structuring agents, esters, as well as commonly found emulsifiers!
- Table of spreading values and viscosity for various liquid emollients
- Blank sensory characteristic chart so you can analyze your own formulas!
- Iodine value charts for liquid emollients, solid oils, and butters
- Melting point charts for fatty acids
- Melting point and fatty acid charts for triglycerides
- Triglycerides in butters chart
- And formulas for making all kinds of lotions and whipped butters!
This e-Zine is published in English and is not available in any other languages. This e-Zine is in PDF format and it is sent as a digital download. It is not available in any other format and not available except as a digital download.
About the author
Susan Barclay Nichols lives in the Fraser Valley, B.C., Canada. She stumbled upon a recipe for bath bombs and became obsessed with creating bath and body products. This is when her extreme interest in chemistry began.
In 2009, she started Point of Interest, a bath and body products blog to share her love of creating products. Her favorite hobbies – other than creating bath and body products – include sewing, trivia, criticizing and correcting people’s grammar and spelling, and striving to achieve expert status on bass in Rock Band 3. She lives with her wonderful husband, Raymond and their adorable dog, Sasja.
Because of the downloadable nature of this product, e-zines and e-books are final sale, and therefore not eligible for a refund.