CAS No. 38517-23-6
This exceptionally strong O/W emulsifier is highly efficient in low concentrations. It is derived from 100% natural, renewable feedstocks and approved by COSMOS, NATRUE and ECOCERT, making it the emulsifier of choice for natural skincare and cosmetics.
Eumulgin SG is a naturally sourced, strong, anionic oil-in-water emulsifier that contains no ethoxylated ingredients. It shows outstanding compatibility with organic and inorganic electrolytes, like Aloe Vera, various actives, and UV filters. It works well with water soluble ingredients such as hydrolyzed proteins, with oil soluble ingredients such as vegetable oils, esters, waxes, and silicones, and up to 2% sodium chloride. It can be combined with other emulsifiers, polymers (such as Sodium Carbomer, Sepimax ZEN, and Sepinov EMT 10).
Eumulgin SG offers good viscosity at low concentrations (0.25%), starting at around 7500 mPa.s, while concentrations of 2.0% offer viscosity of over 10,000 mPa.s. The viscosity remains stable over time.
Eumulgin SG supports the formation of small droplets, which increase stability, and lamellar gels, which stabilize some actives while extending the release of other, oil soluble actives, offer and suspend pigments or powders. Lamellar gels are also low in skin irritation potential, making lotions made with Eumulgin SG suitable for people with sensitive skin or allergies.
- Natural source vegetable emulsifier from renewable and sustainable sources
- ECOcert, Natrue, Cosmos, and Natural Product Association approved
- Suitable for people with sensitive skin or allergies
- Good tolerance to electrolytes
- Stable viscosity over time
- Facial Care
- Body Care
- Sun Care
- Baby Care
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- For greater stability, pair with another emulsifier, a high HLB emulsifier like Ceteareth-20 (HLB 15.2), Polysorbate 60 (HLB 14.9), Steareth-21, or a low HLB emulsifier like Glyceryl Stearate (HLB 3.8), or Cetearyl Alcohol (weak).
- For a thick lotion or cream, start with 1.0% Eumulgin SG and up to 5% cetearyl alcohol in the heated oil phase of your product.
- For a thinner product, start with 0.25% Eumulgin SG and 2.5% cetearyl alcohol in the heated oil phase of your product.
- For a thin lotion, use 0.5% Eumulgin SG with 1% Glyceryl Stearate
- For a much thicker cream use 1.0% Eumulgin SG with 3.75% Glyceryl Stearate.
- When making lotions, heat both phases to 75°- 80°C (165° - 176°F), then add the oil phase to the water phase while mixing. Add the cool down phase at 40°C (104°F). The heating phase is vital to produce lamellar gels.
Typical usage rate: 0.25 - 2.0%.
Appearance: Free flowing white powder
Solubility: Soluble in oil
Melt Point: 54° - 60°C (129° - 140°F)
Product: Eumulgin SG
Country of Origin: Germany
Shelf Life: 12 Months from date of manufacture
Try these formulations using this ingredient: