Jeecide® CAP-7 is considered to be a preservative-free antimicrobial system. It is globally compliant. It can be used alone, or in conjunction with traditional preservatives to boost their activity. It is effective against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, yeast, and mold.
Jeecide® CAP-7 is compatible with anionic, cationic, and non-ionic surfactants and emulsifiers. It is toxicologically safe for use in both leave-on and rinse-off products. Additionally, it also has emollient and skin conditioning properties that will leave skin feeling smooth and hydrated.
Jeecide® CAP-7 is well suited for those wanting to maintain natural and clean formulation claims, while maintaining product stability and shelf life. It is free of phenoxyethanol, parabens, MITs and formaldehyde releasers.
- Broad Spectrum
- Globally approved
- Easy to use liquid
- Meets Credo, Sephora, Ulta, Target, Walmart and Whole Foods "Clean Standard'
INCI: Caprylyl Glycol (and) Glyceryl Laurate (and) Glyceryl Undecylenate
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- Use Jeecide® CAP-7 at pH 4-7.
Jeecide® CAP-7 is water dispersible and oil soluble.
- In hot process emulsions, add Jeecide® CAP-7 at the end of the emulsification process directly after the actives and/or fragrance phases, preferably at < 45°C (113°F), with continuous mixing until homogeneous.
- In hot pour formulas, add Jeecide® CAP-7 at < 70°C (158°F).
Jeecide® CAP-7 cannot be used in anhydrous silicone systems.
- The polarity of Jeecide® CAP-7 must be considered when choosing the emulsifying system.
Recommended use levels: 0.5 - 1.5%.
Appearance: Clear light yellow to yellow liquid
Specific Gravity @ 25°C: 0.935 - 0.965