Dimethicone (and) Dimethicone Crosspolymer
Lotioncrafter EL40 is a mixture of high molecular weight silicone crosspolymer and a low viscosity dimethicone used as a diluent. It offers a powdery, smooth feeling for formulations, reducing greasiness and tack. It is water repellant and acts as an emollient on the skin, reducing water loss. It is especially useful in formulating makeup and under makeup primers.
- Provides dry smoothness
- Light, non-greasy powdery skin feel
- Detackification agent
- Stabilizer/thickener for W/O and O/W emulsions
- Improves fragrance retention
- Some sebum absorption
- Soft-focus / Line blurring effect
- Skin care
- Hair care
- Color cosmetics
- It is recommended to add Lotioncrafter EL40 to your silicone / oil phase with regular mixing
- For formulations or emulsions that require heat, add Lotioncrafter EL40 on cool down below 55°C (131°F).
INCI: Dimethicone (and) Dimethicone Crosspolymer
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Please refer to Section 15 of the MSDS for the most current information.
Usage Rate: 1 - 100%
Appearance: Opaque/translucent, thick gel
Crosspolymer content: 18 - 32%
Viscosity Range: 80,000 - 200,000 cps
Flashpoint: > 201°F
Try Out These Formulations Using This Ingredient: