Sepinov EMT 10
Please see our Sepinov EMT 10 Hydroalcoholic Gels Guide for tips on formulating with alcohol.
Sepinov EMT 10 Polymer is a "Hydro Swelling Droplet" (HSD) thickening emulsifier in powder form. It is simple and easy to use and enables the formulation of gel-like serums that are a snap to make! It also easily creates cold-process creams and lotions with the addition of oils and butters. It offers thickening capability over a wide pH range (3 to 10) making it useful for thickening both low and high pH systems. It is also compatible with ethanol-containing formulations and those containing AHAs and DHA.
Sepinov EMT 10 polymer is a pre-neutralized powder, dispersible in the oil or water phase in cold or hot process formulations. It is able to emulsify and stabilize formulations with up to 50% oil phase. It can also be used with other emulsifiers to improve stability and build viscosity. It is compatible with silicones, mineral oil, emollient esters like our Ester AB, fractionated coconut oil and other natural oils and butters. It is an anionic emulsifier, so it is not compatible with cationic ingredients.
- Efficient use at low levels
- No neutralization
- Can be used in hot and cold process formulations
- No clumping
INCI: Hydroxyethyl Acrylate / Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer
Shipping Info: HS# 3906900000
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- For Aqueous gels: Add Sepinov EMT 10 Polymer to the aqueous phase while agitating mechanically (stick blender, hand or stationary mixer).
- For Cream gels: Disperse Sepinov EMT 10 Polymer in the oily phase, then add water all at once while agitating mechanically.
- For Hydroalcoholic gels: Prepare the aqueous gel with Sepinov EMT 10 first, then add the solvent (alcohol) gradually with stirring.
- For Hot Process Emulsions: Disperse Sepinov EMT 10 Polymer in the pre-heated oil phase (if necessary) or in the water phase before emulsification. Mix until emulsified and continue to mix until cool.
Recommended usage level: 0.5 - 5%
Appearance: White powder
pH as supplied: 4 - 5.5 (When formulated in a 1.5% aqueous gel)
Stability: Stable between pH 3 - pH 10
HLB: Not applicable