CAS No. 61789-32-0
SurfPro™ SCI is compatible with all anionic surfactants, such as foaming silk, oat, or apple; amphoteric surfactants, such as SurfPro™ CAPB; non-ionic surfactants, such as water soluble esters, solubilizers, and decyl glucoside; as well as blends, such as Miracare Soft 313. It can be used with cationic ingredients, such as Honeyquat, CETAC 30% cetrimonium chloride, GuarCat, Lotioncrafter BTMS, and Varisoft EQ 65 to create conditioning cleansers and shampoos.
Emollients such as natural oils, esters, fatty alcohols, fatty acids, or silicones can be added to solid or whipped products without emulsifiers at up to 10% to create moisturizing cleansers and shampoos.
With an acidic pH of around 6, products made with SurfPro™ SCI do not need to have the pH adjusted in the final product.
- Anionic, gentle to mild surfactant used to create “sulfate free” products
- Used as a primary surfactant in luxury body and hair cleansing products
- Rich, creamy foam
- Thick, fluffy bubbles
- Excellent lather
- Elegant skin feel
- Conditioned hair feel
- Works well in hard water
- Easy to incorporate into solid or cream products without heating
- Green and biodegradable
- Acidic pH of approximately 6, so no adjustments necessary
- 100% natural origin
- Hair care products, such as solid shampoo bars, powdered shampoo, or whipped products, suitable for all hair types.
- Body cleansing products, such as solid body wash bars, whipped cleansers, or those with a paste-like consistency.
- Facial cleansing products, such as facial cleansing sticks, solid cleansing bars, whipped or cream cleansers.
INCI: Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product may contain trace amounts of 1,4-Dioxane (<1 ppm) and Ethylene Oxide (<1 ppm).
- When formulating with SurfPro™ SCI powder, please wear a mask to avoid inhaling particles.
- As SurfPro™ SCI is poorly soluble in water, it isn’t suitable for liquid products as it will re-crystallize without significant agitation, something which is difficult at home.
- SurfPro™ SCI can be easily incorporated into solid or creamy products without heating by mixing it with the liquid surfactant, then adding the rest of the ingredients. If you wish to heat it, in a double boiler combine it with an amphoteric surfactant, like SurfPro™ CAPB or cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine; an anionic such as disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, sodium methyl cocoyl or oleoyl taurate, sodium cocoyl or lauroyl sarcosinate, or sodium cocoyl glutamate; a non-ionic, such as polysorbate 20, polysorbate 80, or decyl glucoside; or a blend, such as Miracare Soft 313.
Usage Rate: 2% to 53% Appearance: White powder Odor: Soap like Raw Material: Coconut-derived
Solubility: Poorly soluble in water (0.01% in 25C water), soluble in surfactants
Active Matter: ≥ 82% w/w
Charge: Anionic (negative)
pH (10% in water): 4 - 6
Shelf Life: 24 months in a sealed bag or container.
Country of Origin: USA
Try out these formulations using this ingredient: