CAS No. 39300-88-4
Tara Gum is a non-ionic polysaccharide derived from Peruvian Caesalpinia spinosa, endosperm seeds. Tara Gum outperforms current natural thickeners on the market in terms of thickening and texture, and complies with ecolabels.
Tara Gum immediately and rapidly hydrates in water. The powder can be added to the oily or aqueous phase, in either hot or cold conditions, while stirring rapidly until it is completely dispersed. The hot process improves its stabilizing effect. Tara Gum is not sensitive to shear stress (non-thixotropic).
- Non-ionic, compatible with anionic and cationic ingredients
- Up to 5X the thickening in aqueous solution compared to Xanthan Gum
- 100% natural source thickener
- Less sticky and stringy than xanthan gum at 2%, smoother feeling
- Excellent resistance to electrolytes (up to 2% NaCl tested)
- Not pH sensitive
- Shower, Liquid Soap
- Cream, Lotion
- Sun Protection
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
INCI: Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum
Appearance: White to cream colored powder
Solubility: Soluble in cold or hot water, insoluble in oil
pH 1% in water: 5.0 - 7.0