Vitamin C, 3-Glyceryl Ascorbate
CAS No.: 1120360-11-3, 56-81-5, 7732-18-5
Vitamin C, 3-Glyceryl Ascorbate is a vitamin C derivative that is more stable than powder-derived vitamin C alternatives. Vitamin C, 3-Glyceryl Ascorbate does not discolor over time due to degradation, and since it is a stable product, it will not alter a formulations color or content. Vitamin C, 3-Glyceryl Ascorbate offers the benefits of Vitamin C in a formulation without the instability or degradation of a traditional Vitamin C option.
- Behaves as an anti-oxidant to block UV damage and damage caused by stress, also brightens skin and improves skin regeneration.
- Suppresses melanin production for improvement of spots
- Conditions and moisturizes skin
- Enhances collagen production for improved elasticity
- gel-type formulations such as serums
- emulsions such as creams and lotions
- mildly acidic formulations
INCI: 3-Glyceryl Ascorbate, Glycerin, Water
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- Add to the product at under 40°C (104°F)
- Incompatible with electrolytes (equal to or less than 2%), surfactants such as sodium lauryl sulfate (equal to or less than 30%), and electrophiles
- Recommended final pH of 5.0 to 7.0
Recommended Usage Rate: 2% to 10%
Appearance: Light to medium amber liquid
Solubility: Soluble in water, propanediol, and glycerin. Insoluble in oils, esters, and silicones.
pH as supplied: 4.0 to 6.0
Specific gravity: 1.00 to 1.10
Country of Origin: USA
Raw Material Preserved with: Potassium Sorbate and Sodium Benzoate, Phytic Acid
Storage: Store at room temperature
Shelf Life: 15 Months from date of purchase