This is product is the pure meroterpene, we also carry cold-pressed Bakuchi oil here.
Bakuchiol, a meroterpene, is the first natural alternative to retinol without having any of the negatives associated with retinol. Bakuchiol modulates retinoid-binding and metabolizing genes. It significantly improves multiple dermal and dermo-epidermal junction genes/proteins. Bakuchiol stimulates Collagen I, III and IV and is clinically proven to reduce multiple signs of aging, including roughness and dryness, fine lines and wrinkles and improvement in skin tone, elasticity and firmness, increasing radiance and brightness.
It is photochemically and hydrolytically stable and can be used during the day.
- Bakuchiol is an effective vitiligo treatment and also treats related skin diseases and conditions. It shrinks white spots on skin and reduces pigmentation.
- Bakuchiol works as an anti-inflammatory and an antioxidant so those who suffer from dry, sensitive skin and can't tolerate a retinol can use in all cosmetics.
- The antibacterial properties of bakuchiol also mean that it's great for those with acne and oily skin.
- Bakuchiol has been shown to activate a number of chemical pathways in skin cells that ultimately lead to improved collagen production, decreased collagen breakdown and reduction of melanin (pigment) synthesis. The overall net effect seems to be an improvement in fine lines, wrinkles and pigmentation which are commonly associated with the natural ageing process of the skin.
- Bakuchiol is likely the only agent after retinoic acid shown to be effective against multiple pathophysiologic features of acne.
- Bakuchiol may also have a suppressive effect on melanin-producing cells in skin, which may make it a beneficial ingredient to lighten dark spots or improve uneven skin tone due to sun damage
- Bakuchiol also has antifungal activity, particularly against the type of fungi that cause athlete's foot (medically, Tinea pedis).
- Bakuchiol has an excellent safety profile and was shown to be nonirritating and non-sensitizing based on human repeat insult patch testing, has no photo- or hydrolytic stability issues, and thus can be used throughout the day
- Anti-aging skin care products
- Hair care
- Anti-inflammatory and Antioxidant
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat and cure or prevent disease. Always consult with your professional skin care provider.
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- Add directly to the oil phase. Avoid prolonged heating of the oil phase above 75°C (167°F).
- Bakuchiol is a phenolic compound. Therefore, presence of iron or copper ions must be avoided to eliminate coloration due to the interaction with these metal ions. Addition of a small amount of chelating agent (0.1% disodium EDTA or Sodium Phytate or others) resolves this problem.
- The finished product, if it is not anhydrous, must be acidic, preferably having pH below 6.5.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight or heat.
- Opaque and airless packaging is highly recommended for maintaining product integrity and stability over time.
Appearance: Light golden yellow color, viscous liquid
Odor: Characteristic odor
Solubility: Soluble in oil
Storage: Sealed container away from sunlight. Store at room temperature 66° - 77°F (20° - 25°C).