Extracted from the kernels of the fruit of the Marula tree (Sclerocarya birrea), Marula oil has been used traditionally in Southern Africa for thousands of years. It is rich in antioxidants, with exceptional resistance to oxidation due to its high degree of mono-unsaturated fatty acids. Marula Oil contains a similar fatty acid composition to olive oil but is 10 times more resistant to oxidation. Light and easily absorbed, it contains high proportions of oleic acid (70-78%), as well as linoleic acid (4-7%) making it an ideal oil for topical use for improved skin hydration and supple smoothness. Our Marula Oil is virgin, non-GMO.
Please note, due to frequent shortages Lotioncrafter purchases Marula Oil from two different manufacturers based on availability.
- Skin: Soothing dry chapped skin, reducing redness and maintaining hydration.
- Hair: Emollient oil for dry, damaged and fragile hair
- Lips: Ingredient for lipbalms, lipsticks and other lip care products.
- Aromatherapy: As a carrier for aromatherapy formulas
- Massage: As part of a massage oil blend to lighten heavier oils and improve oxidative stability.
INCI: Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Oil
Shipping Information: HS Code 1302.19.0000
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Marula Oil SDS - Coming Soon!