NaturePep Sacha Inchi
Plukenetia volubilis, commonly known as sacha inchi, sacha peanut, mountain peanut or Inca-peanut, is a perennial plant native to much of tropical South America and Southeast Asia. It has been cultivated for centuries by ancient civilizations in the Amazon Rainforest region as a food source renowned for total body health and increased endurance. Ancient Incas lived to be an average of 100 years old, without any knowledge of modern medicine and to this day, even their descendants regularly grow to extremely old ages. This is attributed to their diets, where they regularly consume 6 Incan foods that have all been linked to remarkable health and life extending properties, including sacha inchi.
NaturePep® Sacha Inchi upregulates genes responsible for the Extracellular Matrix (ECM) organization and repair. NaturePep® Sacha Inchi also upgregulates Connective Tissue Growth Factor (CTGF) critical for cell adhesion, migration and proliferation of the ECM organization, synthesis and proper alignment of collagen and elastin fibers in the dermal matrix, repair and prevention of dermal elastosis.
In Vitro Test
The effect of NaturePep® Sacha Inchi on the gene expression that involve skin aging has been evaluated on full thickness EpiDerm FTTM3D skin equivalent model (EFT-400 MatTek). Gene expression was assessed following 24 hour exposure to the cultured media treated with 4% NaturePep® Sacha Inchi compared to control. Gene expression assay has been performed using a qPCR array.
- + 133% of CTGF (Connective Tissue Growth Factor)
- + 60% of Human Longevity Master Switch Gene (FOXO3)
In Vivo Test
Single blind randomized hemi-face intra-individual testing was performed on 15 Caucasian female volunteers (50 to 65 years old, Phototype I-III) with saggy skin on jawline. Twice a day, participants applied a cream containing 2 % NaturePep® Sacha Inchi and a placebo cream for 28 days. Evaluation of face volume contour and dermis non-echogenic surfaces on jawline was performed. Results measured using FaceScan® and DermaScan C®2D.
- NaturePep® Sacha Inchi decreased saggy skin on jawline after 28 days of treatment. NaturePep® Sacha Inchi significantly decreased facial volume contour by -16% compared to baseline (statistical significant; p<0.001) and significant better compared to placebo (statistical significant; p<0.05).
- NaturePep® Sacha Inchi cream provides a significant decrease in the non-echnogenic zones (tissue gaps) by -23% compared to baseline (statistical significant; p<0.001) and significant better compared to placebo (statistical significant; p<0.05), thus increasing dermis density and restructuring skin dermis.
For more information about testing and results, see the attached Technical Data Sheet.
- Reduces facial sagging for more contoured skin
- Restructures skin by increasing dermal density
- Decreases roughness for smoother appearing skin
- Helps reduce appearance of wrinkles
- Anti-wrinkle and facial volume contouring products, including sera, gels, light lotions, moisturizers, and masks
- Multi-Active Day Creams and Serums
- Skin-Softness enhancing products for the face
Formulating Suggestions: NaturePep Sacha Inchi can be added to the aqueous phase. Should heat be required to formulate an emulsion, it is best to add on cooling, below 40°C (104°F), after the emulsion has formed.
INCI: Hydrolyzed Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Extract
Caution: Do not directly apply onto your skin. This product should be added to a formulation at the recommended usage rate.
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat and cure or prevent disease. Always consult with your professional skin care provider.
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Usage Rate: 1% to 5%
Appearance: Clear to slightly hazy amber liquid
Solubility: Water soluble