Derived from pterostilbene, a more stable analogue of resveratrol found in red sandalwood, blueberries, and grapes, PteroWhite® 90% is a natural ingredient that eliminates localized hyper-pigmentation, brightens skin, and works as an anti-oxidant, free radical scavenger, and anti-inflammatory when used at 0.1% to 0.5% in water based or emulsified products for the skin.
PteroWhite® 90%, a 90% active powder, works to inhibit melanin synthesis and inhibit tyrosinase production, which inhibits melanin production, which promotes a more even skin tone and reduces hyper-pigmentation. As a free radical scavenger and anti-oxidant, it works to inhibit lipid peroxidation in cells, and is more effective than kojic acid or resveratrol in in vitro tests. As an anti-inflammatory, it inhibits cytokines and COX-2 enzymes, and has been demonstrated to be more effective in vitro than resveratrol. As a water insoluble ingredient (soluble in ethanol), it’s safe and non-irritating when used up to 0.5% and added in the final phase of formulating at 45ºC or 105ºF or lower.
- Acts as an anti-oxidant and free radical scavenger
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory
- May have anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties
- Lightens skin by managing localized hyper-pigmentation
- Brightens skin and improves radiance by promoting a more uniform skin tone
- May act as a UV-B protectant Natural ingredient
- Anti-aging facial products, including sera, gels, light lotions, moisturizers, and masks
- Anti-inflammatory products for the face and body
- Skin lightening products for the face and body
- Sun-care and post sun-care products for the face and body
INCI: Pterocarpus Marsupium Bark Extract
Caution: Do not directly apply onto your skin. This product should be added to a formulation at the recommended usage rate.
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat and cure or prevent disease. Always consult with your professional skin care provider.
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Usage Rate: 0.1% to 0.5% in the cool down phase of the product.
Appearance: White to cream colored powder
Solubility: Soluble in ethanol, 0.1g in 1g propylene glycol, 0.1g in 2g Polysorbate 20, and 0.1g in 1g in CCT oil when warmed to 40C