Hydrolyzed Baobab Protein
CAS No. 91745-12-9
Hydrolyzed Baobab Protein is a water-soluble, cosmetic grade vegetable protein extract made from the large seeds of the Adansonia Digitata fruit. The seeds are obtained via ethical and sustainable methods which support local communities in Africa.
The Boabab is an iconic African tree called the "tree of life" due to its ability to store large amounts of water and withstand the harsh climate. Individual trees can live more than 2,000 years. Ancient folklore suggests that water infused with baobab seeds gives strength, good health, and good fortune.
For the hair, Hydrolyzed Baobab Protein provides an anti-aging treatment including damage recovery, protection from damage, nourishment, and strength and conditioning effects. Hair becomes damaged through UV-exposure, heat, pollution, and stress. Hydrolyzed Baobab Protein has been tested on African, Brazilian, and Caucasian hair, and has been shown to have positive results in all 3 hair types.
For skin treatment, Hydrolyzed Baobab Protein defends skin against UV stress by limiting cellular photo-aging. It restores skin vitality by reducing DNA damage following UV exposure. It maintains healthy, supple skin with nourishing amino acids.
- Anti-aging solution for hair and skin care
- Superior hair and skin damage recovery
- Intense protection from UV-stress and heat
- Deeply nourishes hair for greater manageability
- Instantly conditions for a softer, smoother feel
- Gluten-free, vegan, and non-GMO
- Shampoos, conditioners
- Leave-on hair treatments
- Hair styling products
- Post-treatment hair products
- Night & day creams
- Day creams & lotions with SPF
- BB and CC creams
- Body lotions
- Sunscreens & after-sun products
INCI: Hydrolyzed Adansonia Digitata (Baobab) Seed Extract
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat and cure, or prevent disease. Always consult with your professional skin care provider.
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- Needs to be added in the aqueous phase.
- In case of emulsions, it should be added once the emulsion is formed and at temperatures below 104°F (40°C).
- Soluble in water.
- pH of final formulation should be 4.0 - 7.0
Recommended Usage Rate: 2-5%
Appearance: Amber liquid, clear to slightly hazy, may sediment on aging
Molecular Weight: Average 750 Daltons